Dr. Nor Suhaila binti Yaacob
Director, Institute of Bio-IT/CFGS
2013 Doctor of Philosophy (Fermentation Technolgy) Universiti Putra Malaysia
1999-2003 Master Science (Fermentation Technology) Universiti Putra Malaysia
1995-1999 Bachelor Science (Biotechnology) Universiti Putra Malaysia
Mei 2010- to date Senior Lecturer Institut Bio-It Selangor, Universiti Selangor
(UNISEL), Shah Alam, Selangor
1 Dec 2004-Mei 2010 Lecturer Faculty Biotechnology & Life Sciences, Universiti
Selangor, Shah Alam.
2 May 2002- 25 Nov 2004 Research Officer (Biology Division) Malaysia Palm Oil Board (MPOB)
SPECIAL TRAINING ATTANDED
1) 2D PAGE and Protein Identification by PMF training on 1st July 2008-25th July 2008 at IBE Proteomics Core Facility, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom.
2) Training on Preparation of Rhodococcus Sample for Proteomic Study on 7th July – 11th July 2008 at Department of Genetic, Cambridge University, United Kingdom
3) Biotechnology Workshop 2007 Part 1: High Cell Density Cultivation of E.coli on 10-12 September 2007 at Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg, Germany
- High Cell Density Cultivation of Escherichia coli (HCDC)
- Virtual Cultivation
- Alternative Microbial Expression Systems to Escherichia coli
4) Bioreactor Training (Sartorius BBI Systems GmbH) on 19th-23rd April 2004 at Melsungen, Germany sponsored by Sartorius (M) Sdn. Bhd.
5) Introducing to Membrane Filtration System: Separation Technology, Biomolecular and Microbial Separation and Purification (Sartorius GmbH) on 23rd April 2004 at Goettingen, Germany
- The sustainable development and utilization of microorganism from Pulau Jemor.
(CO researcher) year 2005 – 2007
- Building of genomics-led green chemistry for industrial biotechnology.
(CO researcher) (RM 2.93 million) year 2007 – 2009
- A study of selected enzymes from Rhodococcus and its application in Green Chemistry (RM 241,000) year 2009
- JICA-JST COSMOS PROJECT. Continuous Operation System for Microalgae Production Optimized for Sustainable Tropical Aquaculture. Optimization and establishment of fractionation and plate incubation for microalgae growth.
RM 1,429,500.00 year 2016-2020.